“You’re a Ravens killer,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told Big Ben on their way into the locker room after beating the Ravens Saturday. Dr. Cheng-Hung Lin asked me, “So how the Steelers will treat the Jets, the ‘Big Bird’?” No problem. As I said Steelers are destined to be the bird killers, whether it is a little bird like Ravens or a Big Bird, like Jets. (Even Katy wondered why there are so many birds in this game, the wing of Seattle Seahawk has been cut, 斷翼)
I have been trying to rally the troops at Sermo for the Steelers-Jets game next Sunday. I just posted the following:
I always root for Patriots unless when they played Steelers and I took exception for the Patriots-Jets game today. Yes, I did root for the Jets today because Tom Brady scares us, if you want to know the truth. He was not quite himself today. Before today only 0.8% of the passes he had thrown intercepted this season and yet he was intercepted once today; the first once since mid-October. And he was sacked five times today.
After talking the talk and walking the walk, the Jets got the job down and they’re coming to the Steel City at their own peril. If the Patriots won, the Steelers will have to travel to Boston—the enemy territory.
We remember all our losses, which were not too many, especially about the come-from-behind upset by the Jets at Heinz Field about one month ago, and we’ll return the favor in kind next Sunday. Go Steelers, Go!
Jer-Yuan Tsai
Jer-Yuan Tsai
Two years ago when the Steelers were taking care of the Arizona Cardinals, I said the Steelers were destined to be the bird killers at Sermo, as it could be the Philadelphia Eagles then. An anesthesiologist from Arizona wrote, “trust me, I am going... to be enjoying it, especially when the only bird the Steelers will be killing will be the crow their fans will be eating.” To which I responded, “Steelers fans have appetite for Cardinals, and crow is not on our menu.”
(“eating crow” is an idiom meaning “eating one’s own words.”)
(“eating crow” is an idiom meaning “eating one’s own words.”)


No comments:
Post a Comment