The photo is the Game Predictions (by AccuScore) on Wall Street Journal on January 21 (two days before the game). Not only are they correct, but they are pretty close. They predicted PIT Steelers 22 and NY Jets 18, and the outcome was 24 to 19. The Steelers were already scored 24 at half time; I then said to Katy that the Wall Street Journal was too conservative for Steelers and too generous/optimistic for Jets; little did I know that that was the Steelers were going to score and Jets indeed put up a good fight on the second half.
Speaking of the Wall Street Journal prediction, the following is what I posted at Sermo 10/5/09 about its prediction of Nobel Prizes.
There was an article in the wsj on Sept. 14 (“The Nobel Prize Will Go To . . .”), in which 5 candidates were mentioned for the Prize in Medicine, and two of them, Elizabeth Blackburn and Carol Greider, indeed share this year Prize with Jack Szostak. Blackburn and Greider for their discovery of telomerase and Szostak for his elucidation of the function of telomeres.

No comments:
Post a Comment