Thursday, September 24, 2015

My favorite spot in the garden

My favorite spot in the garden this season turns out to be where the folding chair sits inside luffa garden, nay, luffa cabin.

It is the best place to have the inner soul to cultivate equanimity in defiance of all outward troubled worlds (this was written when our son-in-law, Sean, was diagnosed to have multiple myeloma).  Sitting there one is surrounded by the lush green, calm, cool, serene and soothing, whether it is after sun-set or high noon, one feels all the same.


Sitting there looking at the luffas hanging or laying, one is gratified that labor of love comes to fruition.

I like to sit there and read, not that I have spare time to indulge.  I still cannot think of anything better to read than Viola/Olivia’s “Willow Cabin” scene in Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night.

          Make me a willow cabin at your gate,
          And call upon my soul within the house.
          . . . . .
This is the best time to re-read the post of “Make me a willow cabin at your gate”.








No comments:

Post a Comment