Sunday, September 6, 2015

Joy of weeding

A gardener is one who can derive joy and gratification from weeding, enjoying the ‘work’ (or even ‘art work’ if you allow me) created; thus it is not a drudgery or dread.

We planted six Taiwanese pumpkins too close together in the West End of the garden.  The solution is to let them grow horizontally (in all directions) and vertically (sky is the limit).  These photos show you the difference before and after the weeding.  Janice and Joy saw the ones not pleasing to the eyes.

Before the weeding
After the weeding
After the weeding
We went to a baby shower yesterday I wrote a note, saying “You just change her diaper and she will change everything in your life!” The ‘baby’ never ceases to do that even after the ‘baby’ becomes adult.   Janice and Joy came back for a brief visit and now I cannot go to the garden without thinking about them.  After the weeding, a thought occurred to me, I wish Janice and Joy could see this.

Writing is a catharsis; whatever I didn’t or forgot to show Janice and Joy when they ‘re here, I put it into words to mitigate the regret.

Before the weeding
After the weeding

No comments:

Post a Comment