我們在附近的一個 green house 買了四棵 cucumbers, 看著他們長大也沒發覺其中一棵的葉子看起來有點不同, 等到有一天結果了, 但是越看越不像 cucumber. 再仔細觀察其葉子, 確是不同。目前真的不知道那是什麼瓜 (photo below)。
不過我們自己知道莱園內除了義大利瓜, 葫蘆瓜, 絲瓜, 南瓜, 西瓜, 冬(東?)瓜 (沒有北瓜)小黃瓜, 苦瓜 外還有兩個儍瓜(fools). 只是希望我們是 Shakespearean plays 𥚃那樣的 fools, 小人物 with wits. They are usually very lovable characters, loved by the theater goers, especially Queen Elizabeth I.
We got four plants of cucumber in the local green house. Watching them grew up, we didn’t notice one of them having somewhat different appearance of leaves. One day the supposed ‘cucumber’ came, but the more we looked at it, the less it looked like cucumber. We now has no idea of what kind of melon it is.
In addition to the 義大利瓜, 葫蘆瓜, 絲瓜, 南瓜, 西瓜, 冬(東?)瓜 (沒有北瓜)小黃瓜, 苦瓜, we also have 兩個儍瓜(fools). I'm hoping we are the kinds of fools seen in Shakespearean plays, little guys with wits. They are usually very lovable characters, loved by the theater goers, especially Queen Elizabeth I.










No comments:
Post a Comment