Carnegie Library and Phipps Garden are not adjacent by each other, but with a strong arm, Garden is only a stone's throw away from the Library (I do have strong arms, at least Chia-Lin said I do, seeing how I worked on the infrastructure of the garden). I went to Carnegie Library yesterday afternoon then joined Katy at Phipps. One of the books I checked out was The Gardens of Emily Dickinson; the visits to both places are relevant and essential.
Like Emily’s garden, ours is our refuge, sanctuary, and inspiration for literary expression, however limited though it may be.We spotted the Star-of-Bethlehem at Phipps and it was no surprise that one would see lots of Star-of-Bethlehem in Emily’s garden as they have a pleasant scent—a favorite of Emily! Hopefully they will be in our garden next season. The name of Star-of-Bethlehem comes from its six-petaled star-like white flowers, each petal being lined down the center with green.
No comments:
Post a Comment