This is not just a house, this is the ‘hub of the universe’ for so many people including our family, like Lulu wrote, “Everyone should have a special place like this.” Lulu felt “very happy and lucky” when she came to the House, but felt sorry that “it takes seven hours to get there”; we’re even luckier than she is as we live only “a brick’s throw away”.
When the “empty nest” fell upon us some years ago, some friends wondered whether we might consider downsizing out house; we would never do it; how could one move away from “the best place ever” (how can one not agree with Lulu?) we ever know.
I have to admit that I read “Grandma’s House” with mixed emotion; it reminds me why we feel happy and lucky in the House, but with the passing of the “Grandma”, reading it elicits sad thought from a heavy heart because of the uncertainty of the fate of the House. I am sure the ‘clan’ will find a way to keep the kinship and getting together of the large and extended family going.
I love “Grandma’s House (the House and the writing). “Everyone should have a special place like this. I love my grandma’s house.”
(Lulu must have a very good teacher, who wrote, “I want to go there now!” who wouldn’t?)




Lulu's description of Grandma's house is perfect. Thank you, Dr. Tsai, for posting this.
ReplyDeleteDr Tsai, you are a big part of Grandma's house. We love you and could never thank you enough for your love and care.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this and more importantly thank you for taking care of many of our family especially Grandma and Grandpap Greenlee. The Tsais have always been an important part of Greenlee family and Greenlee experience.
ReplyDelete