Friday, July 5, 2013

Taiwanese pumpkins: “I go so you will live.”

Gabby was hopping along in the Katy’s Vineyard where is the home of Taiwanese pumpkins when she came home for a visit on June 8, the other photo was taken July 4th, not quite one month apart.  Now one can hardly walk, let alone hop, between the pumpkin patches.

It was toward the end of August last year when the Taiwanese pumpkins were about this size, so we’re about 6 weeks ahead of schedule, thanks to the indoor planting of seeds that began in April.

These Taiwanese pumpkins are still in adolescent stage; they will outgrow the limited space pretty soon; we plan to remove some or many of them to make space (air or ground) for others.  I hope the sacrificed ones will say to their more fortunate friends who may live to their natural life span and produce, “I go so you’ll live.”

6/8/2013

7/4/2013

7/4/2013

7/4/2013
 
7/4/2013

7/4/2013

7/4/2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment