Monday, June 11, 2012

My Indian rain dance (祈雨舞)

This is the aerial view of our garden today; it continues to evolve almost everyday; the “highway” construction is not done yet.  It still looks pretty empty and yet there are lots of things growing.  Zinnia came out within one week of sowing the seeds, as did the corns, which grow, seems like “an inch a night”.  The snow peas have been taller than the 6-foot chain links.  And everything large or small in the garden needs water twice a day.  There has been hardly a day or two raining the past one month.


I visited the Field Museum when I first went to Chicago in 1971 and saw the display of the rain dance by the Indians; I still vividly remember how they danced and have been so dancing mentally of late.  And it works; it rained tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment